- Why do I get Error: You have already submitted this data once?
- Why does no email come through when I fill out a form?
- How do I change how the form looks, or make it work with my theme?
- How do I configure the form to send to multiple recipients?
- Can FormBuilder use predefined variables from WordPress?
- Some links in FormBuilder don’t seem to be working. They show up as things like http://mydomain.com/E:/domains/mydomain/html/blah
- I’m getting “Error: Unable to load field details from table. [SHOW FIELDS FROM `wp_formbuilder_forms`]”
- How do I redirect people to a thank-you page once the form has been filled out?
- Is it possible to create forms that accept attachments or file uploads?
- How do I export the stored forms as a CSV file without having the field names in each cell?
- Is it possible to export forms I’ve created to another WordPress install?
- How do I add text or instructions to my form?
Why do I get Error: You have already submitted this data once?
We have discovered that some themes cause the the_content filter to be processed more than once. As a result, it seems that the form itself is also processed more than once causing the error. At the moment, we don’t have a solution for this other than to recommend an alternate theme. Themes we know have problems with this include:
- Mimbo 3.0
Why does no email come through when I fill out a form?
This problem could be due to numerous factors. Diagnosing this problem further can take a number of steps.
- If the form appears to submit properly and does not show any warnings or errors but the email doesn’t come through, be sure to check and ensure that the email has not gotten stuck in your spam filtering.
- You may be able to fix the problem by switching FormBuilder to use the “Alternate Form Processing” system which uses the built-in WordPress mail functions to send email, instead of the native PHP functions.
- To see if your mail server is blocking emails from non-local addresses, try sending in a form using an email address on your domain. For example, if you are running FB on http://www.yourdomain.com/, try filling out the form (assuming you have an email field) using something like email@example.com as the visitor email address.
- As a last resort, you should be able to speak to your server admin about why the emails might not be going through. That person should be able to work with you to determine where the emails are getting stuck and help you to diagnose the problem.
Additional thoughts on how to diagnose email problems can be read here…
How do I change how the form looks, or make it work with my theme?
The forms that are created by FormBuilder are built using very flexible and extensible CSS layout rules, in order to allow people to customise the look and feel of the forms on their site as much as possible. We have tried to have FormBuilder come with a design that will work on as many themes as possible, but there are still many themes where FB may need to be tweaked slightly.
A great tool for doing this is an extension for the FireFox browser called “Firebug”. It will allow you to view exactly what the CSS code is doing on the page, and even allow you to tweak things temporarily to see how the layout is affected. At this point, TruthMedia is not able to do contract work in order to tweak the FormBuilder display on your site.
How do I configure the form to send to multiple recipients?
To have the form send to multiple recipients, simply separate individual email addresses by comma’s, in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, ….
Can FormBuilder use predefined variables from WordPress?
Short answer is no. You can predefine form field values when creating the forms, and you can pass predefined values to the form in the URL, but FormBuilder can not use predefined WordPress variables.
Some links in FormBuilder don’t seem to be working. They show up as things like http://mydomain.com/E:/domains/mydomain/html/blah
This is most likely related to a bug we are fighting which prevents FB from working properly on Windows IIS based servers. We hope to have this resolved soon.
I’m getting “Error: Unable to load field details from table. [SHOW FIELDS FROM `wp_formbuilder_forms`]”
This is a bug only found on certain server configurations. We’re not sure why it comes up but we are working to resolve it very soon.
How do I redirect people to a thank-you page once the form has been filled out?
Create a new field on your form, and select followup page as the field type. This is a special field just for indicating a followup url, once the form has been submitted. Put the url you want people to be redirected to in the field value.
Is it possible to create forms that accept attachments or file uploads?
Not at this time due to the potential for security holes.
How do I export the stored forms as a CSV file without having the field names in each cell?
To avoid having field names included in each cell when exporting as CSV, you need to export results from one form at a time. To do this, on the export configuration screen you simply select a specific form on your site to be exported.
Is it possible to export forms I’ve created to another WordPress install?
Not at this time.
How do I add text or instructions to my form?
Adding text in the middle of your form is very easy. Simply add a comments field at the spot on the form where you want the text to appear. In the field value, add the text you want to use. You can use basic HTML codes to add some special formatting if necessary.